April 23, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I always bought excess vegetable and ended up we have to eat excess or we have to throw away the rotting vegetable. So now I think of a very good way to preserve my vegetable. An appetizing way to eat vegetables too.
Carrot, shredded or cut into sticks
Chilli, shredded (You may choose a hotter chilli like chilli padi)
- Put salt in the mixture of cabbage and carrot.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Boil vinegar and sugar. Cool it to room temperature.
- After an hour, take the vegetable mixture out and squeeze the water out. Add the shredded chilli together with the vegetable mixture. Put it in the glass bottle
- Pour the cool vinegar into the glass bottle and make sure that it covers all the vegetable. The preserved cabbage will be ready to consume after 3 days.
Mum mum’s notes:
Use glass bottle instead of plastic bottle. You may wish to toss and turn the preserved cabbage during that 3 days to make sure that all the vegetable are evenly soaked in vinegar.