June 11, 2016 by mummumskitchen
It has been a while since I last cooked pumpkin. So I decided to cook pumpkin porridge for my boy. I did some research and realize that it is a traditional breakfast for Korean – Hobak Jook. But of course, I modify again so that it is easier and simpler to cook.
- Wash the scallops slightly and soak it in hot water for around 30 minutes.
- Marinade minced pork with sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper and corn flour. Add some water when mixing too.
- Stir fry garlic and onion with olive oil. Add the minced pork and quickly separate them to smaller pieces
- Add pumpkin and mushrooms and stir fry for a short while. Add some light soy sauce.
- Add the uncooked rice and mix with the rest of the ingredients
- Transfer the mixture into a rice cooker. Add water (including the one that is used to soak the scallops), scallops and wolfberries into the rice cooker. Turn the function to cook porridge
Mum mum’s notes:
For Korean style, they add sugar and milk and they blend the pumpkin. Furthermore, they do not add other ingredients. The Korean dish is only made up of pumpkin and rice. You can look at the exact recipe here.