June 26, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I only made this once a while and every friend and relative who have tasted this law pak ko before will give me a thumbs up! I sort of like research into many recipes before I derived to this recipe. This Cantonese delicacy is simple to make but is time consuming in terms of preparation.
- Place the tung min flour, rice flour and corn starch in a mixing bowl. Pour water into flour and stir well.
- Heat up some oil in the wok and fry the ingredients one by one (shallot, shrimps, Chinese sausages, mushrooms) then lastly add radish.
- Season with seasoning ingredients (light soy sauce, pepper, and sesame oil).
- Pour the flour mixture into the wok and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Grease a little oil onto a aluminum tray and place the thick batter into the tray.
- Steam at high fire for 45 mins to 1 hour
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve it as it is or pan fried.
Mum mum’s notes:
I like to pan fry my radish cake. It seems to taste better. You can refrigerate the excess and then pan fry. Yummy…