July 6, 2016 by mummumskitchen
The initial idea is really to follow a recipe I saw in TasteMade to make a Gong Bao Bun. The recipe suggested a more spicy version, which I think is not suitable for my kid. So I revamp the whole recipe and luckily enough, it is still tasty (surprisingly). It is a new change for us as instead of keep eating rice or noodle during our dinner time, we get to eat this Chinese bun, which we called it Lotus Leaf Bun. Why it is called that? It is because of the shape of the bun is like lotus leaf.
- Remove the skin of the chicken thigh meat. Cut into smaller pieces
- Marinade it with oyster sauce, light soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Best to marinade overnight
- In a small bowl, mix Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, sugar and oyster sauce. Put aside
- Heat a work and add some oil. Pan fry the chicken thigh meat. When they are half cooked, put the mix sauces in.
- Add the spring onion and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Steam the lotus leaf buns.
- Based on your preference, put lettuce and chicken into the lotus leaf bun and viola!
Mum mum’s notes:
If possible, make the chicken thigh meat as thin as possible so that it is easier to cook.