July 17, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I always want to cook Mac & Cheese again after a failed attempt using microwave. After “researching” a few recipes, I came up with this recipe. The result was not too bad. Simple way to make delicious Mac & Cheese using air fryer.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add macaroni and broccoli. Simmer until macaroni is al dente and broccoli are tender. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Melt butter and stir fry onion and garlic. Set aside.
- Melt butter and add the bread crumbs. Add some salt and pepper and stir until the breadcrumbs are coated with butter. Set aside.
- Melt butter again and add the flour and milk. Whisk continually and add the stir fried onion and garlic.
- Preheat airfryer at 200 degree. Add the pasta, broccoli and cheddar cheese into the mixture at step 4. Put everything in the airfryer baking pan. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes in airfryer before serving.
Mum mum’s notes:
If you do not like broccoli, can use pumpkin too. Just need to cook the pumpkin first like broccoli. And also if you like a more cheesy Mac and cheese, you can add more cheese to it.