July 19, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I modified the Thai Glass Noodles with Prawns to this. The original dish is a Thai side dish which is supposed to be hot and spicy. I modified the recipe so that it is suitable for those who do not take hot and spicy food. It is a fairly simple dish which one can prepare within 15 mins.
- Cook the sweet potato vermicelli in boiling water for around 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and put in cold water. Drain the water away and set aside first.
- Mix the chicken stock, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and fish sauce (adjust the amount use accordingly to the chicken stock. See notes below)
- Soak the cooked vermicelli into the mixed sauces.
- Heat up your claypot and add some oil. Place the bacon streaks in the heated claypot.
- Add garlic on top of the bacon streaks. Add the soaked vermicelli into the claypot.
- Close the lid and cook for around 5 minutes before stirring the vermicelli using tongs or chopsticks.
Mum mum’s notes:
If you prepare your own chicken stock (which you do not add much seasoning), you may wish to add more light and dark soy sauce. However if you are like me, I used those packet chicken stock, I will use lesser light and dark soy sauce. Furthermore, being a bacon lover, I add lot more bacon streaks. Hence I use even lesser amount of light and dark soy sauce. So it is really depend on your own taste.