July 25, 2016 by mummumskitchen
This is my “BIG” dinner plan – nasi lemak. Nasi lemak is a Malay fragrance rice cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf. It is an Asian food where the rice and the sambal chilli are the “soul” in this dish.. My hubby is always craved for nasi lemak and hence I decided to make him the home made nasi lemak. Glad he enjoyed it. ^_^
- Marinade the chicken drumsticks with turmeric powder and the premix garlic powder with flour. Or alternatively, if you do not have the premix flour, you can add garlic powder, corn flour and tapioca flour. Marinade overnight.
- Same goes for kunning. Pat dry before marinating the fish with turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Marinade overnight.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken drum sticks and kunning.
- Fry egg to omelette, sunny side up or hard boiled egg. Depending on your preference. I like omelette better.
- Prepare sambal ikan bilis.
- Prepare crispy peanuts and ikan bilis.
- Cook the rice, adding coconut milk and pandan leaf using rice cooker.
- Once everything is done, serve everything in a plate.
Mum mum’s notes:
Before you throw the pandan leaf into the rice cooker, tear the leaf to half so to let the pandan fragrance immerse into the rice. Alternatively, you can blend the pandan leaf, squeeze the juice out and go with the coconut milk and water into the rice cooker. The ratio of coconut milk to water should be 1: 2. But it really depends on individual’s preference.