August 6, 2016 by mummumskitchen
Previously I have made law pak ko (radish cake) and today I decided to make a variation to it. My friend said that it is easier to make the cake using pumpkin. And indeed, it is easier because you do not need to shred the radish. Haha.. The taste is equally good. In fact, if you have a sweet tooth, you will like this variation better.
- Steam the pumpkin for around 20 minutes and mashed it lightly.
- Place the tung min flour, rice flour and corn starch in a mixing bowl. Pour water into flour and stir well.
- Heat up some oil in the wok and fry the ingredients one by one (shallot, shrimps, Chinese sausages, mushrooms) then lastly add mashed pumpkin.
- Season with seasoning ingredients (light soy sauce, sugar, pepper, and sesame oil).
- Pour the flour mixture into the wok and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Grease a little oil onto a aluminum tray and place the thick batter into the tray.
- Steam at high fire for 45 mins to 1 hour
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve it as it is or pan fried.
Mum mum’s notes:
If you like your pumpkin cake to be yellowish, then mash the steamed pumpkin more.