August 28, 2016 by mummumskitchen
Another common dish that you can find in Taiwan night market – Squid thick soup or 花枝羹 in Chinese. I always love Taiwanese food and once a while I would go dig my collection of recipes to make the food I like. A pretty simple and effortless soup to make.
- Boil water and add some salt. Put the squid into the boiling water for a min and drain. Set aside
- Heat the work and add some cooking oil. Put the minced garlic, spring onions and stir fry till fragrance. After which add the carrot and black fungus. Continue to stir fry
- Next, add the cooked squid and add the chicken stock.
- If you like your soup to have stronger fragrance, you can further add some soya sauce, sugar and fried shallot.
- When the soup starts to boil, add the tapioca flour mixture slowly so that the soup will be thicken.
- You can serve the thick soup with some black vinegar.
Mum mum’s notes:
You can try to add the corn starch mixture instead of tapioca flour mixture. But somehow the soup with corn starch will become watery instead after sometime. Hence it is more advisable to use tapioca flour mixture. And you may want to prepare more tapioca mixture before hand to make sure you have enough to make the soup thick.