September 3, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I was finding ways to “get rid” of my extra shabu shabu and pork soft bones. Seeing what vegetables I left in my kitchen, I decided to make this pork and potato stew. All the necessary nutrients are in one pot and just need a bowl of rice to go with it. That will be one good hot meal after work.
- Heat the wok and saute ginger slices and garlic until fragrant
- Add your preferred meat and stir fry. See mum mum’s notes below.
- Add potato and carrot. Continue to saute
- Add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rock sugar to the wok
- Pour in the water and bring it to boil
- Lower heat and simmer for around 25 minutes until potato are soft and pork are tender.
- Thicken the gravy with tapioca flour mix.
Mum mum’s notes:
Depending on the type of meat used, the length of time used to stir fry will be different. Like if I use the soft bones, I have stir fry longer. But if I put shabu shabu, I will only put that after I add potato and carrot.
Also you can consider boiling the potato first before cooking this dish. This would shorten the cooking time.