September 10, 2016 by mummumskitchen
It looks plain but it tastes good. This nutritious soup is simple to make too. All you need is a good food blender and the ingredients. You can make more for your baby and it can be frozen for 2 weeks. When you want to consume it, just need to reheat and serve.
- Cut the kernels using knife and cut the remaining cob into few pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and saute.
- Add the kernels and stir for another minute
- Add the chicken stock and cobs into the pot. Bring it to boil and reduce the heat to medium low. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cobs and discard. Filter the kernels and onions out.
- Blend the kernels and onions using the food blender till smooth. Mix it with the soup that was left behind initially.
- Heat the soup and serve hot. If you find the soup being too thin, you can add some milk (around 2 to 3 tablespoons) and cook until thickened.
Mum mum’s notes:
You can use normal corns as well. But personally, I will prefer pearl corns as they are more juicy and sweet. Depending to individual’s taste, if you like, you can leave some kernels behind while blending the rest. Put those unblended kernels back to your corn soup and you can taste the whole kernels while having your soup. 🙂