October 15, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I was watching this Japanese variety show and the chef cooked this dish. It looked very easy to cook and I did a research using Google. And indeed, I managed to find the Japanese version Sake Steamed Clams recipe. However, instead of using sake, I made use of my left over white wine. Well, I believe that the taste will be different as white wine is of a stronger taste as compared to sake. I will probably try the real sake version, once I managed to find the sake I like. 🙂
- Put the clams in a bowl of water, fully submerged. Put the bowl in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, mix white wine, sugar and soy sauce. (Do not use too much soy sauce if you are using salted butter)
- In frying pan, add the mixture in step 2 and shredded ginger. Add the drained clams after sautéing the mixture and ginger. Cover the frying pan with a lid and steam on high heat until all clams open.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle spring onion on top and you are ready to serve!