October 21, 2016 by mummumskitchen
Those lived in Singapore would have heard of Sembawang White Bee Hoon. While I am not the biggest fan of that, I do like the gravy of the white bee hoon. I thought it is complicated to make at first, it turns out that it is pretty simple and it is really up to you to add into the bee hoon to make it as delicious as the Sembawang White Bee Hoon. :p
- Marinade the prawn with hua diao wine, light soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and pepper.
- Add light soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil to the beaten egg.
- Heat the wok with oil and salute minced garlic. Add bee hoon and continue to stir fry. Set aside
- Add oil to the work and stir fry pork belly and bai cai. Add bee hoon into the wok and add the chicken stock and hot water.
- Add seasoning (light soy sauce, sesame oil, hua diao wine). Simmer the bee hoon till soft. Then add prawns.
- Add the egg but do not stir too much.
- Lastly, add corn starch with water mixture (1: 1)
- Ready to serve!
Mum mum’s notes:
You can add other ingredients to your liking! The most important thing would be the stock. I am lazy to cook my own stock, so I bought the ready-made scallop stock. Of course, when you use the ready made stock, it would be more salty. So you have to adjust the amount of soy sauce used accordingly.