November 4, 2016 by mummumskitchen
I ate this vegetarian wonton from a new stall near my place and I found it delicious! So I tried to imitate that. So making reference to my previous vegetarian ikan bilis recipe, I created this recipe for vegetarian wonton.
- Mix plain flour, salt with water. Or you can just mix plain water with salt alone since those wonton skins have flour on top.
- Cut the seaweed to smaller pieces, which is small enough to fit within the wonton skins.
- Brush the plain flour mixture on the seaweed and wonton skin. Fold it to half to make it a triangular shape.
- Heat the oil in the wok and deep fry the wonton till crispy.
- Serve with chili sauce or mayonnaise.
Mum mum’s notes:
You can try making wonton filling if you do not like seaweed. One suggested filling can be mashed tofu with some shredded fungus.