November 25, 2016 by mummumskitchen
This is one of the more well known Singaporean dish – Bak Chor Mee (hokkien name). It actually means minced meat noodle. But this dish does not just have minced meat. It has other ingredients like the braised mushrooms, pork liver, minced meat, lettuce and lean meat. I like this dish, especially when I put a lot of black vinegar! The original version of this dish comes with crisp pork lard, but being healthy conscious, I omit that out. Really up to individual 🙂
- Marinate the minced pork with light soya sauce, white pepper, cornstarch and sesame oil. Marinate the sliced lean pork and pork liver with the same ingredients too.
- Boil a wok of water. Cook the noodle till soft and run them under tap water. Then put the noodle back to the wok. Drain them and put in the bowl. Add light soya sauce, black vinegar, fish sauce, chili paste and braised mushroom sauce. Mix well
- Boil the minced meat, lean meat and pork liver in the broth. Drain them and put them in the bowl of noodle.
- Finally, add the lettuce and braised mushroom.
- Ta-da! Enjoy the bowl of noodle together with the broth
Mum mum’s notes:
You may want to cut down the black vinegar which is used to mix the noodle as the braised mushroom sauce also contain black vinegar. Of course, I am a vinegar lover, so I dun mind more! And depending on the brand of vinegar used, you have to cut down on the amount of vinegar used for both the noodle and the sauce. I used the brand called the bull dog, which is sweeter in taste.