December 9, 2016 by mummumskitchen
Sometimes, it is really difficult for me to think of a dish to make my picky boy eat his meal. The only way is to make the dish as colorful as possible (hoping to stir his interest), while making the dish nutritious too. It has to be simple to make too so that I can prepare it fast after work.
- Cook rice the day before you want to have the fried rice. Refrigerate it after it is cooled.
- Boil the chicken breast meat and cool it when it is done. Shredded it to pieces. For chicken thigh meat, it may be more difficult to shredded to pieces. So if you are using chicken thigh meat, cubed it instead. Stir fried the cubed chicken thigh and set aside.
- Heat the wok with some oil and add beaten egg. Put the rice in the wok and mix the rice and egg well so that each rice grain is coated with egg.
- Add the mixed vegetable, pepper and salt (to taste)
- Lastly add the shredded chicken or chicken thigh
- Mix everything well into the rice.
- Serve while hot.
Mum mum’s notes:
You may also want to add some tomato sauce into the rice and stir well into the rice. This will give it a sweeter taste!