December 31, 2016 by mummumskitchen
Singapore is always all-time-summer. But during this December period, we will experience some coldness and heavy rain sometimes. So serving a hot delicious soup would be the best to “fight” the coldness. Especially for me, I will always love to have hot soup for every dinner. And cooking Chinese soup is not a hassle. Just need to get the right ingredients and throw everything inside a pot! Simple isn’t?
- If you are using chicken drumsticks, remove the skin. I did this to remove the oil. If you are using pork ribs, blanch the pork ribs first.
- If you are using peanut, do soak the peanut overnight. This is to soften the peanut faster so that it reduces cooking time.
- Wash the lotus root thoroughly and peel to remove the skin. Slice to small pieces.
- In a pot, boil the water and put all the ingredients in. Boil under high heat for at least 10 minutes and then turn to low heat. Continue to boil for at least 1 hr.
- After a hour, add some salt to taste.
- Ready to serve!
Mum mum’s notes:
If you do not want to watch over the fire, you can choose to transfer to soup after cooking for 30 minutes to slow cooker. Then turn the slow cooker to high heat and continue to cook for 3 hours. Personally I prefer slow cooker but cooking the soup in a crock pot will make the soup taste even better.