January 8, 2017 by mummumskitchen
Previously I have tried marmite chicken so now I switched to making marmite pork ribs. In fact, I think marmite pork ribs tasted better than the chicken wings. Probably because of more fats in pork ribs, the dish will be juicer as compared to the wings. The method is more or less the same, just that there is one extra step to do when using pork ribs – that is to blanch it before you cook it with the sauce.
- Blanch the pork spare ribs to remove smell.
- Marinade the pork spare ribs for at least an hour (I usually marinade overnight).
- Prepare the sauce by combining the ingredients and mix well. Set aside
- Deep fry the marinated pork ribs till golden brown and cooked. Set aside
- Heat up the wok with some oil and saute the chopped garlic and shallot till fragrant
- Add the sauce, stir and bring it to boil. Simmer until the sauce thickens
- Stir in the fried pork ribs and coat them evenly with sauce mixture
Mum mum’s notes:
You can omit the blanching process, but I find this one essential as it somehow removes the smell. Furthermore, by blanching the pork ribs, this might reduce the deep frying process too. 🙂