January 14, 2017 by mummumskitchen
It is a relatively simple dish. I usually will just stir fry cabbage with oyster sauce and minced garlic and that is it. Never did I think of making some variation to it until I saw a recipe (somewhere, I cannot remember where). The chef recommends to add some pork crisp! Wow, it sounds interesting to me. Indeed, with some pork crisp to top the cabbage, it did bring some unique flavor! So if you feel tired of plain stir fried cabbage, you can try topping the dish with some pork crisp.
- Wash the cabbage and cut into thick strips (or thin strips, based on your preferences)
- Set the cabbage aside
- Marinate the pork belly with light soy sauce and pepper. If you are using bacon strips, you can omit this step as the bacon strips are already salty.
- Heat wok with cooking oil, fry the pork belly till golden brown and crispy. Drain away the oil and set aside.
- With some oil left in the wok, saute the minced garlic till fragrant. Put the cabbage and black fungus into the wok and continue to stir fry.
- Add hot water and oyster sauce and stir fry further. Cover the lid and let the cabbage simmer under medium fire.
- When the cabbage turns soft (if you like it to be more crunchy, the simmering time should be shorter), dish out and top the cabbage with the crispy pork belly. Ready to serve!
Mum mum’s notes:
This dish is good to go with porridge! Especially when you are using bacon strips. Yummy… 🙂 If you find that adding oyster sauce doesn’t give much taste, go ahead and add some light soy sauce and pepper. I prefer my cabbage to be not so salty and hence I only use oyster sauce.