January 21, 2017 by mummumskitchen
Why it is called 3 cups chicken? Simply because to cook this dish, there are 3 key ingredients (beside chicken) that must be present – soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil. And to add to the flavor, basil leaves is also a must-add for this dish. Depending on your preference, you can adjust the amount of basil leaves you like to add. For my family, we simply love the smell and usually I will make more sauce so that it goes perfectly with a bowl of rice. Is a simple dish, which anyone can whip it within 20 minutes.
- Mix light soya sauce, rice wine and rock sugar in a bowl, until the sugar dissolves
- Heat the wok/ claypot with sesame oil and saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Next add the chopped chicken thigh meat and continue to stir fry until it is half cooked
- Add the sauce mixture at step 1. and add the dark soy sauce for coloring
- Continue to stir fry and cover and simmer for a while until slightly drier.
- Add the basil leaves and mix well.
- Ready to serve with steamed rice!
Mum mum’s notes:
You can adjust the amount of sauce accordingly if you like to have more sauce for the rice. The most important of all is that you must remember that the 3 key ingredient must be there – soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil! And not forgetting the basil leaves of course. 🙂