March 20, 2017 by mummumskitchen
Personally, I find that stir fry basil chicken rice with fried egg can fill my stomach easily. I can just have this and I will feel very satisfied. Chicken, egg, rice and some vegetable (basil) seem like a balanced meal to me! I always like to prepare simple meal and this dish can be easily prepared within 30 minutes. If you want a fast, quick and nutritious meal, you can try this one!
- Heat up the wok and add vegetable oil.
- Add garlic, shallots and fry till fragrant
- Added some water to the minced chicken meat. Mix well.
- Add the minced chicken meat to the work and stir fry and break it up.
- Add chilli padi (optional), fish sauce, sweet soy sauce and mix well.
- Also add the sugar and white pepper.
- Lastly, put the basil leaves and cook for a while more.
- In the other wok, heat it up with oil. Add the egg and stir fried it.
- In a plate, put the rice, egg and the cooked minced meat.
- Ready to serve!
Mum mum’s notes:
You may wonder why we need to add some water to the minced chicken meat. It is because by doing so, the meat can be easily break up during stir frying. Otherwise, it will lump together.