June 10, 2017 by mummumskitchen
Scrambled eggs seem easy to make. But I have attempted it many times and most of the time, it ended up overcooked. So finally I manage to get it right! 🙂 Still simple to make, just that you have to control the heat. 🙂
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until the whites and yolks are completely mixed together and the eggs are a bit frothy.
- Add salt and pepper into the eggs mixture. Also whisk the milk into the mixture.
- Heat the pan over low heat (must be low heat!!). Melt the butter in the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan after the butter melts. Spread it out in a thin layer.
- Stir the eggs occasionally until the eggs no longer run in to fill the gaps when you stir. Depending on how you like the texture to be, if you stir frequently, it will give you smaller egg curds. If you stir less frequently, it will give you larger egg curds.. This will take around 10 to 15 minutes
- Remove the eggs from heat once done. Do not let the eggs rest on the hot pan.
Mum mum’s notes:
It will take some practice before you get the right texture. I have seen some recipe which indicates that you can add cream (instead of milk) to egg mixture. So if you prefer cream, you can choose that instead. Personally I like to add milk to my egg mixture.