July 14, 2017 by mummumskitchen
I remember that my mum used to cook this dish, so as to fully utilize her hot plate – a flat iron cast hot plate. And before she made this dish, she would have to heat up the hot plate for a long time before she can start cooking the dish. But I do not have such a iron cast hot plate! So I thought of an innovative way – I use my sauce pan as an substitute! Well, it works the same isn’t? Haha
- Marinade the minced pork with sesame oil, light soy sauce, pepper and cornflour. Add some water into the mixture. Set aside
- Cut egg tofu into circular pieces. Deep fry in hot oil and set aside.
- Heat the wok with some oil and saute ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add minced meat and stir fry till cooked.
- Add oyster sauce, miso/salted bean paste, light soy sauce and water. Add the carrot last. Simmer till the carrot is soften and water reduced. Add sugar and salt to taste. Add in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat up the sauce pan. Add some oil and add the beaten egg. Arrange the tofu onto the sauce pan and add in the minced pork sauce. Let it cook for a while on the stove before serving!
Mum mum’s notes:
You can try coating the egg tofu pieces with some cornflour before deep frying. But some said this step can be omitted and nice golden brown deep fried tofu can be still obtained. This is provided that the oil is hot! Well, for me, I think the cornflour method seems to yield better results.