August 26, 2017 by mummumskitchen
It has been a crazy week for me. There is simply no time to sleep or plan to cook any meals for my family. So what kind of food which can fill your growling stomach when you are just too busy to cook anything at all and yet it is delicious and nutritious? Yes, just a simple onigiri. All the ingredients and tools are simple and all it takes is just 30 minutes. Cool? 🙂
- Cook the rice, like the one for the Panda Rice Balls
- While the rice is still hot, half fill the triangular mold with rice and add the tuna flakes in the middle.
- Fill the mold completely with the rice.
- Push the onigiri out from the mold and wrap it around with the seaweed.
- Add some salmon flakes at the tip of the onigiri. (Alternatively you can simply just replace the tuna flakes with the salmon flakes)
Mum mum’s notes:
Remember to wet the mold with some water before filling it with rice. This is make sure that the onigiri can be easily removed from the mold. If you prefer other shapes, you can also get a different mold. I got all my molds from Daiso.
For the Futaba Furikake Nori Katsuo , I bought it from the big supermarket. You can choose other types of flakes, according to your preference.