October 22, 2017 by mummumskitchen
If you simply have no time to cook few dishes for a meal, I will recommend you to cook just this dish. It has vegetables, meat and gravy which go nicely with a hot bowl of steamy rice. And this dish is my first choice to make if I ever have any potato which I have to get rid of fast. Haha..
- Marinade the minced pork with some light soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Add some water (around 2 to 3 teaspoon, depending on the amount of minced meat used, (do not add too much water though) into the minced pork too. Mix well and set it aside.
- Heat the wok with some oil and add the sliced potato. Stir fry until the potato turned slightly golden. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same wok (with oil remaining. If there is too much oil, dish out), saute the crushed garlic until fragrant. Add in the marinated minced pork and stir fry it until they are “loosen up” and slightly browned.
- Add the potato, dark soy sauce and water. Bring it to a boil and turn down the heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for around 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft. If the sauce is too thick, add some more water.
- Dish out and serve with rice.
Mum mum’s notes:
Adding water to the marinated minced pork will help to “loosen” up the pork when stir frying.. If not, the minced pork usually will lump together when they are being cooked.